Sunday, 28 February 2016

Scent of a Woman | So Elixir by Yves Rocher

Ok, after two cappucinos and a shot of some old, good songs I've decided that this is the best moment for a new blog post. And what can be more pleasant than not having to shift your attention from something that was part of your Saturday (without you knowing it) for the past two or three hours? Can you guess what's gonna be my point of interest today? Any thoughts, anyone? Calm down, I'll tell you.
So starting now, I will have this new column featuring my favourite scents of the moment, scent of the day and other stuff related to the wonderful world of perfumes. Because that's my latest addiction. Perfumes. 
The star today is Yves Rocher's  "So Elixir" eau de parfum, a beautiful chypre floral which managed to make my olfactory senses go crazy; going even further I'd say that this has something of an oriental, maybe because of its base notes. Launched in the autumn of 2009 and signed by Olivier Cresp, Marie Salamagne and Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud, this beautiful concoction is concentrated on the notes of white flowers (especially Sambac jasmine) laid upon a woody base, including aromas of bergamot, Damask rose, incense extract, patchouli essence and Tonka Bean absolute.




Imediately after you open the gorgeous, black and golden, Baroque like box (maybe to match the new So Elixir Bois Sensuel? Anyway, this is not the original box) the warmth of the juice lying inside of that oval, yellow bottle hits you, wrapping you up and preparing you for a mysterious yet sophisticated experience. Balmy, orientalish and darkly sexy at the same time, intoxicated by earthy incense. For me, this perfume is an image of elegance, style and grace, suitable for women who know how to wear themselves in a stylish way. And no, I don't think this scent can be worn only by women over 30-35. The most important thing, in my opinion, is the manner in which someone chooses to unfold the aromas.
All in all, I've been wearing it everyday since I got it, that's how much I love it!
What do you about So Elixir? Do you like it?
See you soon!









 * It comes in 30, 50 and 100 ml eau de parfum.







No comments:

Post a Comment